Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Thursday Treats: Pancakes {ET Cooks&Bakes}



Pancakes are so good any time of day. For breakfast, lunch, or supper--even as a snack! My earliest memory of making pancakes, is with my friend Tracey. I remember asking her how she knew when to flip the pancakes and she told me about the bubbles. When the bubbles on top begin to pop, it's time to turn them over! I was so fascinated.



Pancakes should be soft, fluffy, and full of flavour. The true test of good pancakes is if they're good cold and with no toppings. That's when you've found a winner.



I've made these twice now--mainly because they're one of the few things I can eat. You see, I've been fighting going to the dentist, and it has caught up with me. The pain is so sharp, I can feel it from the tip of my head to my shoulder on my right side {the side of the offending tooth}. I finally gave in and went to the dentist on Wednesday, and he told me that my wisdom teeth all had to come out and the top right one has completely decayed. I suppose I shouldn't have waited 12 years between dentist visits, eh? :P



Whether you need to eat pancakes out of necessity {they are utterly delicious}, or just have a craving for them, I hope you turn to my recipe. 

Pancakes
ET Cook&Bake
Elsa

2 cups flour
3 tblsp sugar
1 tblsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 tblsp vanilla
2 + 1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup butter, melted

1. In a medium bowl, whisk together your flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

2. Add the eggs, vanilla, milk, and butter. Mix to combine.

3. Start pre-heating pan of your choice.

4. Using a 1/4 or 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter and pour onto your pan. Repeat until batter is gone.

5. Enjoy topped with your favourite toppings!




No comments: